[+13 STORY] CAUGHT
Chapter 1
They say love is so beautiful, when you fall in it, you don't want to stop, like an addiction. It's butterflies, dreams and never letting go. Ours was just strange, was it love or just a curse?
It was late into the month of November and it was cultural day, one of the events in the week which commemorated the final days in the University for many Nigerian students. I was dressed in my traditional attire, a hardly recognized tribal cloth during such events and at least one that wasn't familiar to a friend of mine who even though we moved recently into the same hostel off campus, had become very fond of me and i of her. In fact we were becoming very close friends. I would hang out in her room most times and sometimes she would hang out in mine, even though her visits were not as frequent as mine. Her name was Danielle, a tall light skinned damsel with piercing eyes and beauty was certainly not on her wish list as she was really beautiful and knew it. She was a level lower than I was and as such didn't participate in the final year events as I did. I didn't expect her to recognize my attire anyway as it wasn't so common. I came from one of the minor tribes in the country and so my cultural attire would put an investigator's frown on anyone's face. However, it wasn't so bad to warrant the humiliating ridicule which I got from my dear friend, Danielle on this particular night. An incident that led to the end of a friendship and the beginning of something else, beautiful or disastrous? I just couldn't tell.
Sunshine Lodge was a magnificent 3-floor hostel building built to suit students. A comfortable one room apartment, affordable and close to the campus. It wasn't such a big building but the buildings around it made it look so big you couldn't miss it even from afar. It had been a long day of tiring display and dance, it was already late into the night and sunshine lodge my hostel was the only place I wanted to be. I lived on the last floor and my room was three doors away from the stairs, the thought of which alone made me even more lethargic. Danielle's wasn't so far, matter of fact it was the second door so I decided to say Hi! before moving on. As the door creaked open, I was greeted with same piercing eyes but a disgusted look that said I looked like shit, then lips parted to let it out in words and the fight started, so fierce we were both yelling at each other. In my opinion, my attire was just colorful and unique, I would expect a friend to obviously say nice things even if it were not true. There was this sudden flow of energy, anger and heat, so furious we said a lot of things we didn't mean. Of course she kicked me out of the room and I signed out making it clear we weren't talking to each other ever again. A bit childish and silly but this little childish fight revealed a lot of things we so weren't prepared for.
To be continued......
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WRITTEN BY Olojo Eyitayomi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dont forget to drop a comment and share to at least one person. Chapter 2 dropping soon...
They say love is so beautiful, when you fall in it, you don't want to stop, like an addiction. It's butterflies, dreams and never letting go. Ours was just strange, was it love or just a curse?
It was late into the month of November and it was cultural day, one of the events in the week which commemorated the final days in the University for many Nigerian students. I was dressed in my traditional attire, a hardly recognized tribal cloth during such events and at least one that wasn't familiar to a friend of mine who even though we moved recently into the same hostel off campus, had become very fond of me and i of her. In fact we were becoming very close friends. I would hang out in her room most times and sometimes she would hang out in mine, even though her visits were not as frequent as mine. Her name was Danielle, a tall light skinned damsel with piercing eyes and beauty was certainly not on her wish list as she was really beautiful and knew it. She was a level lower than I was and as such didn't participate in the final year events as I did. I didn't expect her to recognize my attire anyway as it wasn't so common. I came from one of the minor tribes in the country and so my cultural attire would put an investigator's frown on anyone's face. However, it wasn't so bad to warrant the humiliating ridicule which I got from my dear friend, Danielle on this particular night. An incident that led to the end of a friendship and the beginning of something else, beautiful or disastrous? I just couldn't tell.
Sunshine Lodge was a magnificent 3-floor hostel building built to suit students. A comfortable one room apartment, affordable and close to the campus. It wasn't such a big building but the buildings around it made it look so big you couldn't miss it even from afar. It had been a long day of tiring display and dance, it was already late into the night and sunshine lodge my hostel was the only place I wanted to be. I lived on the last floor and my room was three doors away from the stairs, the thought of which alone made me even more lethargic. Danielle's wasn't so far, matter of fact it was the second door so I decided to say Hi! before moving on. As the door creaked open, I was greeted with same piercing eyes but a disgusted look that said I looked like shit, then lips parted to let it out in words and the fight started, so fierce we were both yelling at each other. In my opinion, my attire was just colorful and unique, I would expect a friend to obviously say nice things even if it were not true. There was this sudden flow of energy, anger and heat, so furious we said a lot of things we didn't mean. Of course she kicked me out of the room and I signed out making it clear we weren't talking to each other ever again. A bit childish and silly but this little childish fight revealed a lot of things we so weren't prepared for.
To be continued......
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
WRITTEN BY Olojo Eyitayomi
Dont forget to drop a comment and share to at least one person. Chapter 2 dropping soon...
Comments
Post a Comment